- Download the latest version of the EIOBoard PC Kiosk from the link below:
- When the download completes, run the installer and follow the onscreen prompts. If you are upgrading you do not need to uninstall the previous version first.
- If you are prompted for an Activation Code, you will need to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and send us the Registration Code. Keep in mind the Registration Code and Activation Code are case sensitive. Once you apply the Activation Code we send, you will need to exit the kiosk and run it again by either opening the "EIOBoard Kiosk" shortcut from the desktop or in the start menu under Programs/EIOBoard.
- When the EIOBoard Kiosk software opens after being successfully activated, it should open right to the settings screen. If it does not happen automatically, you will need to go into the Settings by entering "7282623" for the ID on the Employee Login screen.
- If you have not already done so you must enter the Server (EIOBoard-Hosted: http://www.eioboard.com, Customer-Hosted: http://yourserver/eioboard or similar), an EIOBoard User Name and Password, and define Status Buttons, Return Time Buttons, and maybe more. You may also want to configure a View so the kiosk can be used to display users and their statuses when not in use.
This document will guide you through a fresh installation of the EIOBoard Kiosk software on a new Windows CE device or to reset an existing Advantech Windows CE device back to the factory defaults. If you need to reset an existing Advantech Windows CE device, follow the steps below. If this is a new kiosk you can skip this section.
The first thing we need to do is reset the registry. To do this
- Open the Advantech Configurator from the Start menu,
- Go to the Misc tab, and click the Load Default button in the Registry section. You will be promoted if you want to load the default settings, click Yes.
- Next you will be prompted to reboot. Click Yes again.
- When the kiosk starts up again, the EIOBoard Registration screen will come up if EIOBoard is still installed. If this is the case, click the Exit button in the bottom left corner of the screen. You may need to scroll down to see this button.
- Once no programs are running open My Device\HardDisk.
- Delete everything in the HardDisk folder.
- Click Yes to All if you are prompted to confirm deletion. You may get an error saying you cannot delete system.hv. If you get this error click OK and just delete everything other than the Documents and Settings folder in the HardDisk folder.
- Reboot the kiosk once everything has been deleted.
After the kiosk starts up, follow the steps below to install the EIOBoard kiosk software:
- Open Internet Explorer and navigate to: http://eioboard.com/downloads/latest/EIOBoardKioskCE.cab
- Save the file to My Device\HardDisk and close the window and Internet Explorer.
- Change the settings to hide the Taskbar by going to Start --> Settings --> Taskbar and Start Menu. Uncheck Always on Top and check Auto Hide, then click OK
- Run EIOBoardKioskCE7.cab from My Device\HardDisk and install to the default directory.
- When the installation is finished, you can either run EIOBoardKioskCE from the My Device\HardDisk\Startup folder, open EIOBoard Kiosk from the Start menu, or just reboot the CE device.
- If you are prompted for an Activation Code, you will need to call Savance (248-478-2555) if one has not already been supplied to you via e-mail. Once this code is applied, you will need to exit and run the kiosk again which is explained in the step above.
- When the EIOBoard Kiosk software opens, you will need to go into the Settings by entering 7282623 for the ID on the Employee Login screen if it does not open automatically.
- You will need to enter the EIOBoard Server Web Address and a User Name and Password on the General tab. If you have not previously defined the Status Buttons or Return Time Buttons, you will also need to do this on the Status Buttons and Returning Buttons tabs respectively.
- You may also want to configure a Status View on the Views tab so the kiosk can be used to display users and their statuses when not in use. If you want the kiosk to display the Status View when it is not in use, you need to select Status Board as the Default Screen on the General tab. When the kiosk is displaying the Status View, you can click anywhere on the kiosk screen, swipe a card, or scan a fingerprint at any time to login.
If the EIOBoard Kiosk software seems to be running slowly, you may also want to change the amount of memory available for programs. To do this, go to the System properties in the Control Panel and go to the Memory tab. You will want to move the slider more toward Storage Memory (to the left) so that approximately 10,240KB is allocated for Storage Memory. This leaves the remaining memory available to programs. Now drag the whole window over to the left so you can click the OK button in the top right corner. We now need to save this setting. To do that, open the Configuration Utility under Programs in the Start menu. On the Misc tab all the way to the right click the Save button under the Registry frame, then click the Reboot button.